Do you ever fancy becoming an audience at a photo talk by among the finest photographers in the world? Yes I mean among the finest photographers in the world not some Malaysian photographers who just started holding a DSLR last year and this year has started holding a photo talk showing half baked works, and worse they charge you to see his/her half baked works. Yes it happened in Malaysia but let’s not discuss it here.
The photo talk by the finest photographers that I mentioned above can be found at TED.com, an annual conference that brings together people from Technology, Entertainment and Design background, hence the abbreviation TED.
I have summarised and listed down here a selection of photo talks by world reknowned photographers as follows:
- David Griffin, National Geographic’s Director of Photography entitled Photography connects us with the world.
- James Nachtwey, considered the modern legend of war photographer and the winner of 2007 TED Prize. His presentation of touchy war photographs is entitled Searing pictures of war.
- Frans Lanting’s presentation entitiled A lyrical view of life on Earth
- James Nachtwey, another presentation by him entitled “Use my photographs to stop the worldwide XDR-TB epidemic”.
- Kristen Ashburn’s presentation entitled Heartrending pictures of AIDS.
- Nathan Myhrvold’s presentation entitled A life of fascinations
You can find more of equally powerful talks at TED not only on photography but also other topics.
Hope you enjoy those interesting photo talks.