Photography in Malaysia by MIR is another Malaysian efforts in putting Malaysian photography scene on the map. MIR’s Photography in Malaysia is one of the rare websites that provides vast resources covering various topics on anything related to photography. It is like a photography one-stop-centre and it is the pride of Malaysian photography community.
The special traits about MIR’s Photography in Malaysia is it is being maintained generally by only one person, the same person who founded it way back in 1997 out of his love for photography. It is now among the most prominent websites that have become a reference site for photographers around the world. Despite his high-profile website its founder chooses to remain behind the scene and stay low profile. He prefers to let his works do the talking. However you can take a peek at his brief biodata here.
At MIR’s Photography in Malaysia you can find various topics related to photography. Let me break it down here for your easy browsing experience in case you get lost in its oceans of information. The contents in the website can be divided, inter alia, into:
- Back to basic – it is about shutter speed, aperture and ISO thingies
- The vast resources on practically all cameras and lenses of the popular brands in the market, you name it they have it. You will find its description even more comprehensive than the manufacturer’s user manual itself
- Free Trade Zone for second hand photography equipments trading
- Portfolio of some selected Malaysian photographers, either pros or amateur. (I am honoured to be in the list here)
- Specially dedicated page for photojournalism
- Thoughts & Opinions on photography
- Collection of good photos that win the favour of mir that warrant special pages
- Landmark series
- A cornucopia of links – photography and non-photography related
The rest is for you to take your own sweet time to browse through. It is not meant to be a website that you can finish reading in one day. It is designed to be a reference source and a one-stop-centre that every photographer should bookmark for his/her future visit from time to time.
Do enjoy browsing MIR’s Photography in Malaysia and let me know of your experience since I am also one of its voluntary co-editors for several sections in the website although I admit I haven’t done much lately, sorry Mr Foo!