This block of buildings, located on Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman (formerly Batu Road), exhibits fine examples of Neo-Classical features. In 1915, Loke Yew, a property owner, millionaire and philanthropist, constructed No 11-19, and in 1920, the estate of Haji Eusop built No 1-9.
Although constructed at different times, the buildings share the same architectural style and complement each other. Giant pilasters supporting highly decorative pediments punctuate the façade. Bay windows adorn the first floor and the block is unified by the cornice treatment. Large rectangular piers form part of the covered five-foot way. The façade is embellished with plaster scrolls and emblems.